This new root method specially designed for Xperia devices was developed by the xda developer zxz0O0 and it supports most new Xperia devices with the latest Android versions like 4.3 or 4.4.2.
The great things about this new Xperia root method are the fact that is really easy to perform and is a safe sony root procedure that will not affect the bootloader or your phone’s data.
After performing the root if you need to return the device to your manufacturer because of warranty purposes can always do a stock firmware restore and will remove any sign that has been rooted.
Most of the new SONY Xperia seems to be supported for this rooting method, so even if your device is not among the bellow models that were tested can try it as if will not work no hard will be done to your phone:
- Z – C6603
- Z Tablet – SGP311
- Z Ultra – C6802, C6806 ( not working on latest version GPE), C6833
- Z1 – C6903, C6906, C6943, SO-01F
- Z1 Compact – D5503, SO-02F
- Z2 – D6503, D6543, SO-03F
- Z2 Tablet – SGP511, SGP512, SGP521
- ZL2 – SOL25
- ZR, C5502
- A2 – SO-04F
Files needed to root you sony z1 and others:
How the Sony Xperia root is done
1. Download the files from above needed for the Xperia root
2.On your device go to Settings/About and tap 7 times on the build number until it will say “You are now a developer”
3. Still, on the phone go to Settings/Developer options and put USB debugging ON and from Settings/Security enable Unknown sources
4.Connect the Xperia device to the PC
5. Install the Xperia drivers and verify in device manager that ADB device is showing
6.Extract the EasyRootTool zip file using windows zip extractor or any other you have installed and opened the file install.bat
7.If everything is correctly done the root should go smoothly, if have any problem try disabling the antivirus and retry