If you are new to rooting, would recommend to try other methods first like towelroot or kingo root , because might be easier and risk free root procedures. If those are not working can use this method after you verify that your phone is supported and you understand how this rooting process is performed.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEM THAT MIGHT OCCUR WHILE USING THIS TUTORIAL
Advantages of this root process
- Successfully enables root and installs SuperSu on new phones models for which other rooting methods fail
- Works to root both Android 4.3 and 4.4.2 mobile devices
- Sasy and fast root method once you get used to it
Disadvantages of this cf-auto-root method
- can be dangerous and can soft brick (normally not something that cannot be fixed) your phone if the phone gets disconnected while performing the root or if you use a different file than the one specific for your phone
- will trip the KNOX flag and will also damage your warranty
Supported phones for this cf auto root method
Bello are only a few of the most popular Samsung models supported by cf-auto-root, for the full list please use the link from the Download section
- Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, SM-G900T T-Mobile ,SM-G900H, SM-G900Gw8,SM-G900M …
- Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 , SM-N900P,SM-N900T, SM-N900Gw8 ,SM-N9005…
- Galaxy S4 SGH-M919, SGH-I337M,GT-I9500,GT-I9505
- Galaxy S3 T999 ,I9300, I747 ,I747m,Note 2 t889 i337 n7100
Very important! use only the file for your phone, and if your phone is not on the list from the link below do not use it.
Step by step tutorial to your Android device using CF auto root
1. Download the Samsung drivers and the Cf auto-root file specific for your device, very important do not use a different file than the one for your model
2. Install the Samsung files
3. Extract the archive with the cf-autoroot file, using the windows built in extractor or a free program like 7zip (Important is to extract,not just open the file)
4. From the extracted files, open Odin3-v3.07 (better select to run as Administrator), and click on the PDA button. It will open a new windows and will have only one possible file you can select named something like: “CF-Auto-Root….tar.md5”,select that and press Open
5.Will have to put the phone in Downlaod Mode,for that:
-Turn off the mobile device
-Hold Home,Power and Volume up till screen light a bit, then let go power button but keep holding Home and Volume Down
-When you see a screen with a warning sign press Volume up to Continue
-Should get to the download mode, and see on screen “Downloading…”
6. Connect the phone to pc, wait till the drivers are installed and one of the COM boxes from Odin becomes yellow
7.Verify again the connection to your pc is done using a good usb cable and there is no other open program that might interfere
8. Press the Start button from Odin and wait till you see the box above the COM port change color to blue and showing “RESET!” ; phone will reboot and after it turns back on in normal mode will show “PASS!” with a green background in Odin also .Then you know everything went OK
In case you get an error, first of all, do not panic. Disconnect the USB cable connect back and try again. Change the USB cable if you think the one you are using might be the problem because is not genuine or not connecting properly.
Verify again you are using the correct files and if still not working, remove the battery, insert back and put again in download mode and try again to perform the root procedure with Odin. In case the phone seems soft bricked after this root method, and does not turn on, the only method to fix it if still goes to download mode is to restore firmware like shown here .
Be careful to use the latest firmware available for your device
If not sure it will work for your device or have any other question about this rooting method or had a problem while rooting this way, please leave a comment below or contact us and will do our best to help you!